Me

Me

Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's Time For A Change.

I wanna Write.



I’m almost 30, and still so clueless. Ten years ago, I had a plan. It might not have been the best plan. But, it was a grand plan, one that included a rewarding career, a great man, two beautiful children and a life full of unabridged happiness. As a freshman in college, the world was my oyster, my youth was before me and the stickiness of adulthood was miles away. But, at 28, my enthusiasm has faltered, my life looks nothing like of an 18-year-old’s imagined greatness, and I’m even more lost than I’ve ever been. My work, though rewarding, isn’t fulfilling or remotely exciting. My finances live in the red and my love life… Well, we’ve got plenty of time for that.



Well, at least I have my health. Right?



So, here I am, at 28, completely jaded and stagnated, by realities such as bills, biological clocks and sexually transmitted infections (Its STI now, right?) and bored out of my mind. When did I stop growing and changing? When did I decide that this was it and that my life was going to consist of work, cheap wine and the occasional roll in the sack with some undeserving 30-something playboy? And the most important question of all, when did I stop dreaming? Damn it!! I used to dream!! I used to believe that I was destined for something great, not just good, and damn sure not average, GREAT!!



And because greatness waits for no one… shit, it’s been 10 years… My journey or re-journey (I know, that’s not a word) starts now. So, here we go people. Let me know what you think.





Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment