Me

Me

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Romance, Please.

Let me hold you tight
If only for one night
Let me keep you keep you near
To ease away your fear
It would be so nice
If only for one night

Remember Luther Vandross? The man with the silky voice, and the sensual lyrics, whose songs got you in the mood and kept you in love? And even though he may not have had a six pack, and a “pretty boy” face. Women loved him anyway.

I’ma kiss you right, yea, yeah
I’m gon lick all night, yea, yeah
Girl, when I’m inside yea, yeah
Yeah girl, you heard what I said
I’m gonna make you wet the bed

Oh Chris Brown, with your wicked lyrics, six pack abs and bad boy persona. Who woulda thought you’d be our modern day Casanova?

Both songs describe an experience, one that includes pleasure, intimacy and sex.
These songs are a reflection of the times. Is romance a thing of the past?
Institutes such as dating, courtship and marriage still exist; but, just in the case of the transformation of the primate to the man (homo erectus). Relationships have evolved. So, the question hangs, “What the hell do modern relationships look like?”

No comments:

Post a Comment